WHY DID I STOP PRESCRIBING FEMALE HORMONES?
I basically had two types of female patients approaching, or already in their golden years who had concerns about hormones.
- Group #1) Those who only wanted female hormone replacement therapy.
- Group #2) Those who wanted to leave their hormones alone and concentrate solely on a totally natural approach.
As years passed on I noticed a clear and distinct difference in these two groups of patients. I observed the countenance of their faces and eyes, which allowed me to see deeper into the energy fields of their entire generalized body aura.
- Group #1. Facial skin had more wrinkles, less “glow” of healthy skin. Eyes were not “bright” as in happy and healthy.
- Group #2: Skin had less wrinkles and more internal glow. Skin looked more vibrant. Eyes were brighter and happier. There is an old saying which proves true. “The eyes are the windows of the soul.”
Hormones are supposed to change as we age. By prescribing hormones as in Group #1, we a fighting nature and sooner or later it will catch up to you. Then your body will be worse off compared to Group #2.
When hormones are out of balance, it did not begin as an endocrine problem. Instead it indicates something is out of homeostasis in the body. Something needs attention. Hormones that are out of balance is the “symptom” of a body that is out of homeostasis. The best approach is NOT to take hormones but rather, to find what is wrong with the body.
A good example what I tell patients is: If you have chronic headaches and are consuming a lot of pain killers, it means something deeper is wrong. Until the doctor helps the patient find out what is going on deeply, the headaches will never stop and taking constant pain killers will only shorten the life span of the patient, with unpleasant symptoms occurring before death. I have seen this with POTENTIAL patients who never took the time to try to locate the deeper issues.
THE HOLISTIC APPROACH I TAKE AND WHY
Instead of prescribing hormones, I order a blood test panel that contains approximately 60 individual tests. I also order a hair analysis test that contains approximately 39 individual tests. I can add additional tests such as cancer panels, urinary heavy metal toxins, and delayed reaction food allergy tests. The food allergy tests I order are testing 144 foods in two separate allergy mechanisms, for a total of 288 tests.
The food allergy tests reveal to me four groups of importance. 1) What foods are causing gut inflammation and to what degree? 2) Does the patient have a leaky gut problem compounding the picture? 3) What is the general health of the microbiome of the intestines? 4) Does the patient have a Candida infection further compounding the problems and has that Candida infection gone systemic?
Then I analyze all tests combined into one great whole. I determine to what degree the patient’s overall heath has fallen out of homeostasis (meaning a total balance of the body). Then I recommend therapeutic grade supplements that will help correct as many issues as possible via the nutritional route. Notice I said “therapeutic grade.” This is key. (Amazon, Walmart, Swanson, GNC, MLM companies, etc, etc, etc = NO)
While it is impossible to test for everything, I take an approach similar to Henry Ford and his Modal T automobile. At that period of time a person could purchase an extremely elaborate automobile, if he/she were insanely wealthy. You also pretty much needed to hire a live-in mechanic to keep your car running. Just go to a automobile museum and see what I mean. The average working person simply could not afford such luxury. So Henry Ford made an automobile nearly anyone could afford and work on themselves.
I take the same approach. I use the above testing methods because I get a lot of information with minimal costs. Then I give my patients a spreadsheet of what they need to take, how much, and at what times of the day. (Their “homework”.)
Doctors who are prescribing female hormones are overlooking the bigger picture, resulting in comprised health of their female patients. Simply prescribing female hormones MASKS potential, serious underlying causes of more serious health concerns, which then causes hormone disruptions. Abnormal production of bile is just one factor that causes disruption of female estrogen production. Unbalanced production of BILE has a major and DIRECT effect on natural estrogen production. To help you understand this huge connection, I will discuss bile, then tie in to estrogen production.
WHAT IS BILE?
Bile is an alkaline. yellow fluid produced continuously by the liver cells and stored in a little sack beneath the liver called the gallbladder. Bile is 97% to 98 % water. Composition also contains bile salts, bilirubin, and fats. Bile acids are derived from the breakdown of cholesterol.
Bilirubin comes from the break down of red blood cells as new RBCs are made, replacing worn out old RBCs. The fats are made from cholesterol, fatty acids and lecithin. You see, so far a healthy liver, a healthy gallbladder, healthy RBCs, and a heathy balance of the fats, plus the proper ratios of cholesterol, directly affects estrogen production.
When any of these items are off balance, other, much more serious diseases will occur. A sick liver can cause very dark eyes, liver spots on the skin, and eventually a sickly death. A sick gallbladder will cause very painful discharges of gall stones. Sick RBCs can cause two different types of anemia: Iron deficiency and anemia B-12 deficiency anemia. Anemia causes drastic decreases of energy.
Improper balances of cholesterol leads to blood vessel arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis are blood vessel plaques occurring in very small and then larger blood vessels, including the coronary arteries. When any plague breaks off, the result is either a heart attack, stroke, or lung damages. So, while taking hormones might give a patient more energy, it is masking many of these far more serious, life changing ailments.
The adult human makes 400 to 600 milliliters of new bile per day. There is also a re-circulation of old bile because bile requires a lot of energy to make via cellular mitochondria.
Mitochondria. Every cell in the body has energy producing manufacturing plants called mitochondria. The correct amount of ionic calcium is critical for mitochondria to manufacture ATP, which is the “fuel” the body uses for ALL energy.
Ionic calcium is not the same as calcium supplements called “protein bound” calcium. Ionic calcium is the calcium extracted from our bones. The body is constantly extracting ionic calcium out of our bones, then back into our bones, so there is a continuos exchange of ionic calcium out and into our bones. If this pathway or ratio is disrupted, then osteoporosis can become a very serious problem resulting im bones that break very easily. So now tie in ionic calcium exchanges and osteoporosis that hormone replacement therapy will mask.
Bile ducts transport the bile from the liver to the gallbladder, then to the duodenum. Bile ducts are a favorite place for parasites and bacteria to begin to accumulate and grow. Now tie in parasites and bacteria.
The small intestines is where the microbiome begins to get very involved, directly affecting phase three of the liver’s ability to dispose of toxins in the blood. Bacteria in the gut forms secondary bile acids, which is why the microbiome in the gut is so essential to overall heath.
Older, seasoned, Naturopathic Doctors understand the overall health status of a person begins with a very healthy gut microbiome. Now tie in the “gut / brain axis” which is responsible for many brain abnormalities such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Autism and unexplained and annoying brain fog. Now tie in a toxic body because the liver is not excreting toxins. The plot thickens.
About 50% of the gallbladder’s bile is excreted into the duodenum when a fatty meal is consumed. The whole purpose of bile is to digest cholesterol, absorb the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), and to emulsify fats (lipids). Bile acids are then reabsorbed in the small intestine to efficiently re-circulate bile because creating bile is such an intense energy demanding process, the body needs to recirculate when that bile is healthy.
This process cycles several times with each meal. If your stools are floating all the time, it means the content of fats in your stools is approximately 20% or more, meaning your liver / gallbladder system is not working properly, that you are not digesting fats and fat soluble vitamins normally. This is very bad for your health.
Concentrated bile acids become bile salts when the liver is working correctly. Bile salts are the most critical component of bile.
Bile production gets shut down: Your brain sends signals through your Vagus nerve, down to your liver and gallbladder. The Vagus nerve is under control of the Parasympathetic nervous system. The Parasympathetic nervous system only functions during times of rest and peace. Whenever there is stress, fright, fear, etc, the Sympathetic Nervous System immediately overrides all bodily functions in preparation for survival. This is called the “fight or flight response.” Your body will not care about bile production, hormone production, digestion of foods etc, when a hungry tiger is chasing you. What this means is a person that has never-ending chronic stress is at significant risk of developing: Gallstones, No hormone production (male and female), Stomach ulcers, High blood pressure, Heart attacks, etc.
Cholecystectomy: I have helped a lot of people re-balance their Sympathetic and Para-sympathetic nervous systems. Chronic levels of a constant “fight or flight” response is the number one reason for a Cholecystectomy (koh-luh-sis-TEK-tuh-me), which is the surgical procedure to remove the gallbladder. Why are doctors not addressing the balance of Sympathetic and Para-sympathetic responses, and instead so eager to remove the gallbladder? Remember, a chronic Sympathetic nervous system on overdrive is the number reason for gallstones, resulting in a cholecystectomy.
Too much bile salts. If bile salts do not work properly then cholesterol is not broken down and will thicken bile in the gallbladder. When bile acids are thick it induces apoptosis (death of cells).
Too little bile. If there is a bile acid deficiency, again, cholesterol and fats are not absorbed. Conjugated bile acids can be fed to people orally, usually in the form of a digestive enzyme containing HCl and Ox Bile to correct a bile acid deficiency.
Things that INHIBIT BILE flow:
- Insulin, Endothelin, Gastrin, and Somatostatin, all inhibit bile flow. Type II Diabetics not given the correct form of Chromium Picolinate will not be able to control their Type II Diabetes. Instead, their doctors will prescribe larger and larger amounts of injectable insulin, insisting their Diabetes is “insulin resistant.” All that insulin results in inhibition of bile formation, which then results in those patients not being able to digest fats, cholesterol and fat soluble vitamins. This ends up with a female not being able to manufacturer their own estrogen. (See my article on Diabetes in the “Resource” section of my website, “Medical Topics,” “Diabetes.”)
Things that INCREASE BILE flow:
- Vasoactive Intestinal Polypepitide (VIP), Acetylcholine, Secretin, and Bombesin promotes bile. If a patient is living in a mold infested home, VIP plummets, causing bile production to plummet. Mold toxins are stored in the gallbladder because mold loves fats.
So far, two problems are affecting these patients: mold and too little bile. Now add in if these patients are always stresses because they are living in a mold infested home. Their Sympatric Nervous System, responsible for the “fight or flight response,” turns off the Vagus Nerve, which turns off bile production.
Now these patients have four assaults affecting their health.
- Chronic stress turns the Sympathetic Nervous into constant high alert.
- No Vagus nerve control (which affects multiple organ systems).
- Mold which decreases bile production.
- For females, no estrogen production.
Now those female patients are seeking estrogen replacement therapy and are missing the gigantic health problems no one is addressing. When any person, male or female, is living in a mold infested home and has the added stress of their fight of flight response being chronically turned on. There is ALWAYS a problem with their bile, every single time.
HORMONES – BILE IS STRONGLY CONNECTED TO ESTROGEN PRODUCTION.
There are three types of Estrogen:
- E1 – Estrone: Made primarily in the ovaries before menopause. Can be converted into Estradiol, and vis versa. It is the primary hormone post-menopause. It is less potent compared to E2.
- E2 – Estradiol: Major hormone manufactured in the ovaries for pre-menopausal women. Is also made in the placenta and adrenal glands. Is the most potent form of estrogen during a woman’s reproductive years and in maintaining reproductive organs.. Also helps with memory, keeping bones strong, and keeping the heart strong. IE: Helps with the rigors of motherhood. According to research, if Estradiol not in balance it is responsible for the diseases: Endometriosis, Gut issues, Fibroids and Cancers of the uterus, ovaries and breasts.
- E3 – Estriol: The least potent of the estrogens. It is the most abundant form of estrogen during pregnancy because it is made in the placenta. It is produced that fastest of all the estrogens.
Phyto-estrogen and Xeno-estrogens: Some artificial estrogens can be made from phyto-estrogens which are consumed in foods. Some estrogens are made from xeno-estrogens which can be found in common household cleaning products, pesticides, and plastics.
Xeno-estrogens are toxins that become lodged in the liver and fat cells and can cause estrogen imbalances. Both of these forms of estrogens must be avoided. Xeno-estrogens bind to the natural estrogen receptors in the female body and will not let go, like a lock and a chain, thus invalidating essential estrogen receptor site.
Prescribing Estrogen and Progesterone: Playing around with prescribing estrogen and progesterone is dangerous because the balance of these two hormones in the female body is critical. Do you trust a doctor to guess which hormone to prescribe or how much? Or for the doctor to be persuaded by the female patient as to the “symptoms” of hormone replacement therapy that are important for that female patient’s lufestyle?
There can be other, more potent ways to deal with the symptoms a patient may wish to either express or de-escalate. Many of these symptoms can be attributed to emotional stresses, which can be far more potent then female hormone replacement therapy.
I have treated many such symptom problems for my female patients by addressing hidden emotional trauma from childhood, using Frequency Specific Microcurrent. A truly healthy body will naturally keep these two important hormones in their correct balance. An estrogen to progesterone ratio that is off can cause bile to become thicker and now the gallbladder needs to work harder and its ability to produce bile is decreased, leading to gallstones.
Now the “dis-ease” of the body becomes more complexly disrupted and much more complicated to return to a healthy state of “homeostasis.” Do you see how everything basically affects everything?
BILE and ESTROGENS
If the ratios of estrogen to progesterone is not in balance, it is most likely due to defects in the bile.
A higher ratio of cholesterol to bile salts is called super saturation of bile salts. It is thick sludge that can be seen on ultrasound. It is thick, sticky and forms clumps. Now when bile is needed the gallbladder cannot empty properly, leaving behind the sticky clumps that ends up forming gall stones.
Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal surgery), is higher amongst pregnant women. The increased estrogen E3/Estriol causes the bile to become sticky and form gallstones.
THE DEMOLITION BALL
Healthy intestinal mircoflora / microbiome / beneficial gut bacteria, is critical for both females and males. For females, bile releases estrogen from the bowels to eventually bind with estrogen binding sites throughout the female body. However, de-conjugated estrogens can also be reabsorbed back into the bloodstream due to a unhealthy intestinal microbiome. What are de-conjugated estrogens? De-conjugated means the estrogen molecule is broken, yet remains active.
A Healthy Gut Equals Healthy Hormones.
Phase one and phase two of estrogen metabolism occurs in the liver. Phase three is completed by the bile and gut microbiome.
If there is unhealthy bacteria in the intestines, it reacts with the natural form of estrogens, converting it from a conjugated estrogen into a de-conjugated estrogen. This is bad. The de-conjugated estrogen still remains active. Since it is still active, the body will re-absorb that bad estrogen to bind to estrogen receptor sites as though it is good estrogen.
There are millions of forms of bacteria in the gut that serves several purposes.. The particular group of bacteria in the gut that is responsible for phase three of the metabolism of estrogen is called the “Estrobolume.” Within this group there can be bad, and/or good Estrobolume. The bad estrobolume alters estrogen to the bad, de-conjugated form, but which still attaches to normal estrogen receptor sites as though it is the good, conjugated form of estrogen.
Now add in the toxins called xeno-estrogens which also bind to estrogen receptor sites. If the female patient seeks hormone replacement therapy, how is that going to work when a large portion of estrogen receptor sites have already been occupied? Remember when xeno-estrogens bind to estrogen receptor sites, they do not let go! It is like a lock and a chain attachment.
Studies using radioactive estrogen for tracking purposes, found an average of 65% of the estradiol in the intestines had reversed back into its unhealthy de-conjugated form, to bind to active estrogen receptor sites. This continues the demolition ball wrecking affect in the female hormone system, due to an unhealthy Estrobolume containing de-conjugating bacteria which we do not want. Causes of an unhealthy Estrobolume is: poor diet, lifestyle, use of antibiotics, alcohol use, NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs / common everyday pain killers), candida, glyphosates (broad-spectrum systemic herbicides like “Round-up” etc), and unhealthy aging.
Studies have shown when people are exposed to glyphosates (like Round-Up and other herbicides) , not everyone is able to clear these toxins out of their bodies through the liver. Trying to eat a totally organic diet does not work because commercial farmers are secretly spraying these herbicidal chemicals everywhere.
The “Truth in Labeling” food laws which the public tried to get passed in the states of Oregon, Washington and other states, had been defeated by the monster food production corporations. Therefore, these dangerous herbicides are covertly in our foods without our knowledge. When the bad de-conjugated estrogens get bound to breast, uterine, and other female reproductive tissue receptor sites, and is under the influence of glyphosates; it will cause breast cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, etc.
When the Estrobolume has an overabundance of unhealthy enzymes that change the good estrogen back into bad de-conjugated estrogens (via beta-glucuronidase activity). This causes a high rate of re-absorption of de-conjugated estrogens back into the bloodstream from the intestines. This abnormally raises the total estrogen bonding onto open estrogen receptor sites.
Too much de-conjugated estrogen in the breast tissue will promote a high rate of breast cancers. How many women do you know got breast cancer after being prescribed female hormones? Hormone prescriptions ended up hiding all of the issues so far stated in this article. It I rare a conventional medicine doctor will ever “connect the dots?”
70% to 80% of Serotonin is made in the intestines. Some of the serotonin is then converted into melatonin. If a person, male or female is not happy and cannot sleep, it is likely because their intestinal flora is not in balance.
Melatonin is turned on or off by the same mircoflora genes that also de-conjugate estrogens. When melatonin is turned off and the Estrobolume is also not healthy, it causes dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is the term used when there is a huge degree of unhealthy intestinal bacteria.
When Serotonin production is disrupted, patients are having a hard time getting a good night’s rest and being happy. This causes more and more healthy estrogen being converted into de-conjugated estrogen, which promotes breast cancer.
CHRONIC DISEASES FOR WOMEN
An unhealthy Estrobolume also has a powerful effect of developing chronic diseases. Women with Endometriosis, PCOS, insomnia, chronic inflammation, breast cancer, auto-immunity and so many other chronic diseases. These can all be linked to an unhealthy Estrobolume.
An unhealthy Estrobolume is definitely linked to dysbiosis of the intestines. In addition, androgen production can be increased resulting in increased production of testosterone in women with decreased estrogen production.
Unhealthy Estrobolume in the intestines and vagina of women contain high levels of Beta-Glucuronidase producing bacteria.
Beta-Glucuronidases are members of the glycosidase family of enzymes that catalyze the breakdown of complex carbohydrates.
Endometriosis is a disease of the female reproductive system in which cells similar to those in the endometrium, the layer of tissue that normally covers the inside of the uterus, grow outside the uterus. Lesions can be found on ovaries, fallopian tubes, tissue around the uterus and ovaries, intestines, bladder, and diaphragm. It may also occur in other parts of the body. Some symptoms include pelvic pain, heavy and painful periods, pain with bowel movements, painful urination, pain during sexual intercourse and infertility. This can all tied into unhealthy intestinal bacteria.
Note: PCOS – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, is the most common endocrine disorder in women of reproductive age. The syndrome is named after multiple cysts which form on the ovaries.
ANTIBIOTICS, OVERWEIGHT, FAST FOODS – Affects female Estrobolome.
- Medical study: Ampicillin causes large increases in fecal conjugated estrogens and reduction in urinary estrogen in women. (Same effects on male hormones in men.) IE: Hormones are being dumped out of the body in increased numbers above normal. IE: Fewer hormones available for both men and women.
- Medical study: All antibiotics increase the risk of breast cancer. This study accounted for both pre-menopause and post-menopause, age, and family history. Results still remained the same proving the culprit was antibiotics.
Antibiotics in Childhood:
- Antibiotic use during childhood increases risks in adulthood of complications because the young immune system is still developing and programming itself for adult life.
Antibiotics and mitochondrial DNA:
- Medical study: Mitochondrial DNA. “Non-mitochondrial DNA” has built in safety mechanisms, allowing it to cut out bad parts of the DNA and make repairs. “Mitochondrial DNA” lacks that self correction ability. Once mitochondrial DNA has been damaged it is very difficult to repair. Think back to how making bile requires a huge amount of energy, which is provided by the DNA in the liver and gallbladder. Antibiotics damage DNA and if that damage has occurred in the liver and gallbladder, is has a direct effect on decreased estrogen production in the female body because of lack of energy produced by the mitochondria.
- High fat body content increases estrogen production, causing overweight women to become estrogen dominant. IE: Female hormones must be balanced for optimal health and happiness. Same principle applies for male hormonal production.
- Contains endocrine (hormonal) disrupters that can negatively affect hormones, for both men and women.
- Consuming the very best OTC probiotics (over the counter), can help alter / return gut bacteria back to healthy normals, but only by about 20%. It is better to get the help of a health care professional who has been specially trained in this arena to restore gut bacteria back to 100%
- Foods such as: sauerkraut, kvass, and kimchi, help create diversity in the gut flora and make the GI tract more healthy.
- Especially if naturally high in fructo-oligo-saccharides. Foods such as: asparagus, chicory, garlic, and artichoke.
- FOS play an important role in maintaining a healthy digestive tract. FOS is a non-digestible sugar that acts as a food source for the beneficial bacteria that live in your large intestine. The bacteria ingest the FOS by fermentation.
- A healthy beneficial bacteria colony forms a good defense against harmful bacteria. Misleading information has circulated about the FOS fermentation process claiming that it can cause diarrhea, gas, and nutrient loss. Those negative side effects could only happen if too much FOS was added to your diet at one time.
- Vegetables, legumes, beans, nuts, seeds, and especially avocado and grapefruit, all help restore a diversity of healthy bacteria..
- Helps regulate beneficial bacteria. Supports healthy detoxification of hormones, including estrogen. Very helpful in establishing healthy estrogen balances. Naturally high in fiber and sulforaphane.
- Cruciferous vegetables are vegetables of the family Brassicaceae (also called Cruciferae) with many genera, species, and cultivars being raised for food production such as cauliflower, cabbage, kale, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, mustard plant and similar green leaf vegetables. The family takes its alternative name (Cruciferae, Neo-Latin for “cross-bearing”) from the shape of their flowers, whose four petals resemble a cross.
- Sulforaphane is a chemical that is made when chewing cruciferous vegetables. A chemical in these vegetables called glucoraphanin mixes with an enzyme in humans called myrosinase, which produces sulforaphane. It is believed sulforaphane can increase the death of cancer cells and also reduce swelling. People have used sulforaphane for prostate cancer, hay fever, autism, asthma, liver disease, sunburn, and many other conditions, however there is yet no strong scientific evidence to support these other uses.
MOLD – Affects female Estrobolome:
Newer homes have up to 40% water damage. Older homes have up to 80% water damage. This causes mold to flourish in your home, especially if you are living in the Pacific North West where it never stops raining / snowing in the autumn, winter, and spring seasons. Where we live, we get 80 inches of rain / snow from Mid October through early May, every single year.
Mold has mycotoxins that are lipophilic, meaning they love fat environments. Therefore, mold can be found in the brain, fat cells, mucous membranes, gut lining, and especially in the bile. The main elimination pathway to help get rid of mold is to make sure the liver and gallbladder are functioning optimally.
Certain mycotoxins are estrogenic, meaning they will negatively alter down-regulate estrogen production. These estrogenic toxins bind to estrogen receptor sites like a lock and chain and do not let go. (Forever chemicals.)
When getting rid of any toxins via any method, a drainage pathway has to be provided for excretion, otherwise any of the prescribed treatments will be non-effective. Effective drainage pathways include sweat through healthy skin, kidneys and urination, liver detoxification pathways including bile then stools, proper digestion and stool excretion, the lymphatic system, lungs, and exercise or at least any body movement. In women monthly cycles are also a very effective pathway to eliminate toxins.
One out of every three people have a stagnant liver that is not operating at its full potential. This begins to occur even before the liver enzymes show the first signs of a liver abnormality. Meaning, if a patient’s lab test shows normal liver enzymes, they still have a 1 in 3 chance of having a stagnant liver. 20% of the population has a fatty liver.
Lymphatic fluid circulates throughout the body only under movement of the body. Its purpose is to collect toxins. However the lymphatics only “drain” when a person is in a deep sleep when rapid eye movement occurs, under that deep sleep cycle. So if circadium cycles are not working and the patient never gets a good night’s sleep, then the lymphatic system cannot “drain.” If all is working properly, the lymphatic system drains from the head down. The lymph drains into the deep lymph nodes of the cervical lymphatic system.
Correcting these drainage pathways makes people feel up to 80% better, even before a detox elimination program has begun.
HERBICIDES AND PESTICIDES – Affects female Estrobolome
These commonly used household and farming chemicals mimic estrogen and are part of the “forever” xeno-estrogens that damage the human body.
PHTHALATES AND PARABENS (plastic and wax)
Are considered xeno-estrogens. Be very careful using personal care products and avoid synthetic fragrances, perfumes and colognes. Use all natural, biodegradable laundry and household cleaners. Use unbleached, chlorine free paper products such as toilet paper and paper towels, coffee filters, sanitary products, etc. “Natural” flavoring agents are not always natural. Be mindful of the labels. Fabric softeners are one of the MOST TOXIC household products.
XENO-ESTROGENS – Affects female Estrobolome:
Are found in flame-retardants in furniture. The heavy metals, lead, mercury, and arsenic. PCBs, BPAs, PFCs, dioxins, phthalates, perchlorate, organophosphates, atrazine, herbicides and pesticides.
HEAVY METAL TOXINS
Amalgam dental fillings (silver fillings) contain 50% mercury. This is very harmful to health. The ADA (American Dental Association) has been denying this for many years. They are just now beginning to say amalgam might be harmful to health. Hot liquids and hot foods leaches mercury vapors from amalgam fillings into the cranial canal, getting into the bloodstream, lungs, heart and brain. Mercury is very toxic.
EDTA and DMSA chelation therapy are very useful in removing several heavy metals from the body including: mercury, lead, aluminum, arsenic, and many other heavy metals. In my practice I use DMSA. DMSA is oral and all the patient needs is a prescription for their “do at home” therapy. EDTA must be administered intravenously inside a doctor’s office which is far more expensive and risky but does get the job done faster.
Mercury, lead, and aluminum are heavily used in commercial applications to conduct electricity. Any of these three metals will also short circuit electrical impulses inside the human body, including all brain activity, heart contractions, and all nerve impulses anywhere, including contraction of muscles and focusing eyesight.
Mercury toxicity patient: I had a patient who needed a walker to walk. He would slide his walker about 10 inches forward, then shuffle his feet forward. This had been going on for several years. He had been to every specialist known and had exhausted his options. When he came to my office I took a long history. He had been a Harley Davidson motorcycle specialist, fine tuning twin carburetors for a perfect match of fuel intake.
He used a special vacuum device to make these measurements and adjust the carburetors accordingly. This instrument was made of glass and filled with mercury, which is a liquid at room temperature. The mercury would get sucked up in the glass tubes. It was very easy to see the mercury rise in each tube and he was an expert in his field and did fine work. However, there is a tiny crack in the top of one tube that allowed a very tiny mist of mercury vapor (not the liquid) to get into the air he was breathing.
I performed a heavy metal urinary test and confirmed, he was extremely mercury toxic. DMSA and EDTA were used to extract the mercury from his body. However he was still not healed, not even a little. The long term mercury exposure had altered the electron vibrations in his nervous system, short circuiting the electrical impulses of nerve conduction. His nerves were still nerves, however at the atomic level the electrons of his nervous system were very far from normal. His nervous system had been altered at the electron level.
I used my specialty therapy called “Frequency Specific Microcurrent” to return the abnormal electron vibrations back to normal. This took some time but did begin to normalize the action potential of his nervous system and he was able to walk again.
STRESS and MELATONIN – Affects female Estrobolome
Stress disrupts the natural circadium rhythm (sleep / wake cycles). Stress disrupts production of natural estrogen. Stress also stops the natural production of melatonin, which is the natural hormone the body produces to keep the circadium rhythm synchronized with sleep / wake cycles. Stress makes it impossible to keep the proper ratios of estrogen to progesterone.
Sleep is a HUGE benefactor to correctly balance estrogen to progesterone ratios. (Male hormones are affected the same.) Correct sleep cycles are also HUGE to keep the correct balance of the sympathetic nervous system in balance (fight or flight response), with the para-sympathetic nervous system (relax, digest food, make hormones, healthy martial relationships, be happy, have fun, smile a lot, etc). Melatonin’s connection to a healthy life is well documented.
Dorsal / Vagal tone is also greatly affected by lack of naturally produced melatonin. This can be seen in people who can never make a decision, who feel like they do not belong. This is a similar hormonal pathway to the estrogen pathway and strongly influences the estrogen to progesterone pathways, to help keep these two hormones balanced.
Chronic stress also creates chronic inflammation. Chronic inflamation is well known to down regulate the human body and cause an abnormally short life span. (Early death.)
As a youth I worked at a manufacturing plant that worked 24/7. To keep the crews working there were three 8-hour shifts per day. All workers were mandated to rotate between all shifts, unless a worker wanted to stay on the graveyard shift (extremely rare). Rotations occurred every two weeks. No one cared at the time (early 1970s) that it takes a full two weeks for the circadium rhythm to readjust to new sleep / wake cycles. We were always dragging for about the first 10 – 14 days of a new shift. Just when we were starting to get used to the new hours, the shift changed again. This created more stress so our natural circadium rhythm cycles were always hectic. The only way to fix this was get a different job.
- Estrogen dominance. Find the root cause instead of playing with hormones. There can be many potential root causes such as: pathogens, sympathetic nervous system on overdrive, toxins of which there are many. Best herb for estrogen dominance: Cyperus Rontundus, Chinese medicine.
- Reset nervous system with Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) therapy and or meditation exercises, and or prayer. Getting into the para-sympathetic mode is where healing really takes place.
- Filter water including shower. If you are on well water, have the water tested for toxins.
- Test for heavy metal toxins and eliminate them using the herb Chlorella two caps three times per day. Or the therapies EDTA or DMSA.
- Reset circadium rhythm cycles. Can begin with using a melatonin spray on the tip of the tongue. One spray beginning about 3PM, then once an hour before going to sleep. Days 2 and 3: Same protocol except being when waking up and continue until going to sleep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it will not work if there is deep emotional stresses.
- Open and then discharge past hidden emotional trauma from childhood with FSM.
- Deep breathing exercises while contemplating better ways to cope with current emotional stresses.
- Get rid of xeno-estrogens and xeno-biotics as they are “forever toxins.”
- Throw out plastic bottles. Use BPA free water bottles or stainless steel water bottles.
- Go green with household cleaners.
- Be very careful with perfumes and colognes.
- Epson salt baths. This is magnesium therapy. Magnesium is needed in over 300 enzymatic reactions throughout the body. Magnesium is considered the “stress” mineral. It relaxes muscles, calms the brain, relaxes and the colon wall when constipated.
- Infa red sauna.
- Coffee enemas. Coffee in the colon gets into the liver and squeezes the liver to discharge toxins. Then the toxins are eliminated when the enema solution is discharged. You need to hold the coffee enema in your colon for about 20 minutes for this reaction in the liver to occur. Start with using distilled water. Then progress to chamomile tea. Refrain from the coffee enemas until you are experienced and your colon is ready for the big step.
- Herbs to help with constipation: These include: Cascara Sagrada Bark, Barberry bark, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger Root, Lobelia Herb, Red Raspberry leaves, Turkey Rhubarb Root, Fennel Seeds and Goldenseal Root. Capsicum helps move toxins a lot.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of purified water per day. Yes, this means being careful not to drink too much water before getting stuck on a freeway traffic jam.
- Treat liver for detoxification. The liver needs a minimum of 64 ounces of pure water for phase two of the liver detoxification pathway. Best herb for the liver: Milk Thistle.
NUTRITION for ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
- Cyperus Rotundus, a Chinese herb. Great for women suffering from either estrogen dominance or xeno-estrogen toxins.
- Magnesium, also called stress mineral.
- Taurine (TUDCA), really helps the bile as long as there are no big gallstones.
- B Vitamins, also called stress vitamins.
- Liver phase two support: Milk Thistle herb, Dandelion root herb, Choline, Methionine, NAC (n-acetylcysteine), Glutathione, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). Works for phase two liver detoxification pathway. Be sure to drink at least 64 ounces of pure water as well, otherwise non of these suggestions will work.
- Diindolylmethane (DIM) supplements: DIM is a compound created when you digest cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Caution: DIM will lower E2 estrogen so if a women is high in E1 but low in E2, this can be a problem because you are lowering the wrong estrogen.
- Calcium D Glucarate. Same mechanism as DIM.
- Probiotics, especially when restored to full diversity and value.
- Adaptogen herbs to calm everyone down when a person is feeling wired but tired. Comes from Ayurvedic Medicine in India.. Use Ashwagandha and or Rhodiola
What Is Ayurvedic Medicine?
- The ancient Indian medical system, also known as Ayurveda, is based on ancient writings that rely on a “natural” and holistic approach to physical and mental health. Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical systems and remains one of India’s traditional health care systems. Ayurvedic treatment combines products (mainly derived from plants, but may also include animal, metal, and mineral), diet, exercise, and lifestyle.
WHAT TO DO?
1) Find a doctor who understands the importance of treating gut bacteria.
Secondary, two choices:
1) Doctor takes a stool sample and prescribes individual bacterium to see what helps.
2) Doctor helps re-establish ALL gut bacterium as one great whole.
I prefer the second. Why? There might be other bacterium that are lacking but and have not become problematic YET, but may become an issue in the future.